Are you a passionate and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Senior UI/UX Designer to join our skilled and highly effective team in Helsinki, Finland.
As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you are responsible for a 360-degree approach to creating the player experience. You consider social interactions equally as important as gameplay in order to make our MMO feel like a game a social place at the same time. As an example you will be working with chat systems, voice, messaging, notifications, emotes, forming teams, and communicating progress in the game.
You will also help to define the “feel” of the interactions, such as UI animations, editing the world, and how new content is introduced to players. You value integrity and attention to detail and you aren’t afraid to team up and communicate efficiently your work and design intent to others.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment and being a great team collaborator is second nature to you, let’s connect!
- Design, execute and test user-friendly mobile UI/UX for a social sandbox MMO game
- Define the information architecture for the game content, navigation systems and user journey
- Create prototypes and interactive wireframes to validate your design
- Provide UI guidelines, screen flow, and information systems for artists and developers
- Work with the product team to scope the game experience for releases and estimate product impact
- Collect, monitor and prioritize feedback of all aspects of game usability from beta testers
- 4+ years experience in the mobile games industry in UI/UX role
- Theory foundation of player psychology, motivations, and needs
- Ability to independently drive the UI/UX creation from start to finish
- Understanding mobile MMO gameplay and social multiplayer games
- Holistic, 360-degree approach to UX (touch-interfaces, text-based communication, voice, social gameplay)
- Knowledge of visual hierarchy and information architecture systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Passion for games development and wide experience from game genres and other social services
- Ability to use data and variables in the prototypes
- Solid knowledge of digital whiteboarding and collaborative design tools (Figma, Lucidchart, etc)
- Previous experience from 3D game engines and multiplayer games (Unity)
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Fair compensation & benefits
- Creative studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.