Are you a creative and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a UI Artist to join our ambitious and fun-loving team in Helsinki, Finland.
As a UI Artist at Dazzle Rocks, you build user-friendly UI elements such as menu screens, HUD, and more for our ambitious upcoming social MMO. You will partner with our game team to strategize, conceptualize, and drive the creation of outstanding UI to ensure you are in line with the collective vision for our games and provide a friendly user experience to our end users. Part of your role is to also drive the development of UI frameworks and visual guides to ensure consistency of UI. You’re comfortable working across both 2D and 3D mediums and have a love for mobile-friendly highly stylized graphics.
We have our IP, expanding 3D world with characters, buildable elements, and a living, procedural world environment. We value experience from a similar role, modern-day design thinking, and understanding the player experience and graphics as a whole. If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment, let’s connect!
- Collaborate with our design and art team to build user-friendly UI experiences from start to finish
- Drive development of UI frameworks and guides
- Be the go-to person for creating UI visuals that support our IP's gameplay and artistic vision
- Build and coordinate work across both 2D and 3D mediums
Our ideal candidate:
- Proven skills in graphic and motion design
- Interest in creating an engaging user experience through user-friendly UI
- User experience design oriented mindset (responsiveness, touch controls, usability, accessibility)
- Interest in mobile games
- Highly creative and mobile-friendly art style
- Versatile horizontal skills in both 2D and 3D
- Adept in multiple tools such as Blender and Photoshop
- Previous experience from implementing assets in Unity 3D game engine
- Good communicator, able to work well together especially with designers
- Previous experience from UX design
- VFX animation skills
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- A collaborative, open-minded, and international team
- Relocation and/or remote work assistance
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Newly renovated studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Healthcare at a private clinic
- Lunch benefit
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!